1.21.2013

Of solemn moments on a silly blog

Hello to my readers.

I want to take a moment and break from all the silliness and shallowness of my blog.  This may seem out of character, but there are only so many times I can talk about hair and makeup and pretend like the rest of the world isn't happening before I go crazy or you all think that I'm some flippant creature with no thought for humanity.

The reality is, I use this blog as a means to escape, and I'm beginning to realize that the potential for harm to my self and others becomes greater and greater everyday I choose to blog about unimportant thing.  I have the opportunity to share, and even alongside the beauty, more about my faith and beliefs and I have the opportunity to encourage each of you in more ways that I've been doing so presently.

I may be hit or miss as far as posting regularly because I want to really revamp how I'm doing things, and I want to make sure that I have a schedule for good wholesome and helpful reading material for everyone who stops by to take a look.  I'm going to cease the picture a day project; it's really quite vain and I just don't have the time to photograph anything else right now.  Instead, I want to actually take the time to photograph my actual life - the way I live, the way I see others living around me.  I think it's so important, especially in this broken world that we live, to remain connected and encouraged to  and by each other, and if I can help by doing that even the smallest of way, by golly, I'm going to seize that opportunity and do it!

My goals for this blog are as follows:

  • Encourage and Edify
  • Photograph my own life more
  • Recipes and Healthy Eating
  • General Health Care - medicine alternatives
  • Beauty care that is pertinent and helpful, not just as a girly time-waster
  • Continue posting Bible Study Notes 
  • Videos when I have time
  • Poetry and art - Maybe? 
The above is really more for my benefit than anyone else's I like having a list that I can refer to.  

SO! That's my story and I'm sticking too it.  I hope that it works out as well as I would like it to.  Any comments/suggestions are more than welcome.  
 
And if anyone is interested in how this all started, please read Mike Boldea's most recent post on his Hand of Help blog "The Burden of Knowing".  This is my sentiment right now with life in general. 

Thanks all, have a blessed day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment