10.27.2011

So cold....and bored

So in my little town, it looks like Santa sneezed everywhere.  We've lost a ton of trees because they all had their leaves, and the snow weighed them down big time and split them in two.  It was quite the trip through town trying to get to work!  A lot of people are still without power too; this is day 2 for them with no heat, electricity or anything.  I don't know how we managed, but we are one of the few lucky people in town that haven't lost electricity both at my work place and at home.  Thank you, God!

So on another note, because I'm bored and really don't want to do anything I'm going to write more about my hair adventures.  I tried washing yesterday, and was low on shampoo bar so it didn't get all of the oils I put on my hair so my hair didn't get as clean as I wanted, so I decided to try baking soda today and I'm actually pretty impressed.  I'm not sure if I got everything massaged in well enough, but it got rid of the extra oils.  I'm thinking I might try the baking soda for a while to see how that works, and I have to wait until the rest of my shampoo and soap samples come in anyway, so it's perfect timing.

I'm still using the conditioner, which I think is a permanent thing: I don't like how my hair tangles without it; it's too course and thick to not use it, and I'm using a hair friendly conditioner so I'm not too worried.  I also used a vinegar rinse, which I might switch to lemon juice again, we'll see.

Other than that, not a whole lot happening; we're getting ready to move to a new place, which is really exciting, so I'm hoping that goes off smoothly.  I can't wait to move.  No one will know where I am, it will be a better place, the heat will work, I won't have to clean two bathrooms :P

Well, I better get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment