2.18.2013

Mayo hair masque

 Woot!! I'm back! Well, my computer isn't back yet, but I'm using another one and I'm picking up the software today so I'll be able to post more awesome and I do have some fun experiment stuff that I've been working on that I'm excited to share with everyone.  So, for now though, we're going to show you one of my favorite masques; honey, oil and mayo.  I know that some people argue that mayo is weird to put in your hair, but I like it because of the moisture it gives and the protein, but just like any protein treatment, keep a close eye on your hair because too much protein can make your hair feel brittle and rough.

For this treatment you'll need:
Mayo - I like using the mayo made with olive oil
Olive oil - or coconut oil if you prefer
Honey - whatever kind you like best
















Instructions:
Add the mayo and oil together - I use about 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of mayo and about 1/4 cup of oil.  You're going to want enough to coat your whole head so plan accordingly.


Add the honey















Mix it all together until it looks like goo















Ewww slimy....















After that, you're going to want to put a trash bag over your head and make little arm holes.  I find this to be the best way to keep your bathroom and your clothing from looking like a giant sneezed all over you
















Brush your hair and start coating your hair with the mixture.  I prefer to start with the length and use the leftover for the scalp; the purpose of this treatment is to help add moisture and strength back into the length of the hair because it is older and more fragile.  You can also section out your hair if you have super thick hair like mine.














Once you have coated your length, add the remaining mixture to your scalp and gently massage it in because it feels sooooooooo good.  After that, gently gather your hair up into a top knot - loosely twisted; this stuff will harden and will be harder to get out if you've tangled your hair up and pin it down.



















I like to put a plastic bag over my head to keep the mixture from dripped off my head, but usually you won't have too much of a problem because it's a pretty hardy and sticky mixture.



Don't I look fabulous?















After that, CLEAN UP YOUR MESS!! You do not want to leave this stuff sitting around it will start to smell and be super icky to get off the counter tops.  Mayo = good for hair, bad for counter tops















Now you have to find something to do until about an hour is up.





I made cupcakes!!









I call them unicorn barf cupcakes.
















After that, hit the shower and gently massage your hair under the water until it comes loose for the top knot.  Then you can shampoo and condition per normal!

This is a recipe that is something you'll want to edit based off of your hair's needs.  Sometimes you won't need as much honey or as much oil.  You can also substitute the mayo with plain Greek yogurt.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment