2.20.2013

Matcha Latte

I've been looking for a coffee alternative to drink during my 3pm slump and I've decided I'm going to try Matcha, which is essentially powdered green tea.   This is my experience making it! 
Ingredients: 
Green tea 
Almond milk
Water 
Honey (optional) 





























I didn't want to spend a million dollars on the actual matcha because it's really expensive, and I didn't feel like waiting to order some in bulk, so I bought a loose green tea and ground it down myself.





























After grinding down my tea I put unsweetened almond milk and water - the ratio of almond milk to water is up to you and your taste preference - on the stove to heat - don't let it boil, but you want it pretty hot. 





























Add the tea - 1 tsp should be plenty; anymore and it's going to taste too bitter 





























Take a whisk and make this 





























Do this





























Once you have whisked the tea into the milk you're going to want to pour it into a cup - since my tea is not traditional matcha, I strained mine out





























I added a light spoonful of honey and enjoyed!  That's all for now, this was a simple share today, but I enjoyed my cup o' matcha and hopefully it will be something you'll enjoy experimenting with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment