1.31.2012

Of french tips, and trims

Hello all,

I know it's been a while since my last post, so I thought I would stop by and give you all an update.  We'll start off with the happy first; I am learning how to french tip my nails! I know that I've done colors in the past, but I bought a pen and am quite pleased.  This is my second attempt:
My first attempt was okay, but I hadn't gotten used to the pen yet so it was a little shaky on the right hand.  The paint dries super fast, which is awesome so I can actually get these done in about fifteen minutes including nail prep time.  Not bad for an amateur, eh? (Oh....ignore the little white dab on my thumb...sorry....) 

Okay...now for the not so great part: I got a trim.  *WAILS* MY HAIR IS SO FREAKING SHORT!!!!! 
Okay. Not really.  But it feels like it.  I realized that because of the "singe" episode I really did need to get my hair shaped up and since my left side grows slower anyway it was just starting to look bad.  So I went to my trusty hair stylist - she has been cutting my hair since I was ten years old so she knows my likes and more importantly, my dislikes - and showed her the damage.  Honestly, she really didn't cut anymore than an inch on the bottom and then just deepened the "V" cut a little bit to even everything out, but I'm really bummed because it means that I'm just short of waist length again.   My new goal is by the end of May I'll have at least two and a half inches more...maybe three or four if I work up the courage to start taking vitamins daily again.  (Vitamins make me really sick if I'm not careful, so I have to watch it.) So we'll see...I suppose it's not that bad, but it's just frustrating...I feel like I'm taking one step forward two steps back...but in reality it is the opposite of that.  I am making progress, I'm just at that "Wall" stage where I feel like I can't go any further, but I know that as soon as I get past waist length it's going to be smooth growing. 

I also got new toys!! Yay!! I bought a "Tangle Teezer".  I don't know if any of you are familiar with it, but it looks like this.  I'm not sure that's it's as amazing as they say it is, but I can say that it cuts my de-tangling of the wet hair time in half, easily.  The idea behind it is sound; many soft bristles make for less pulling and breaking.  I have noticed, in reading reviews, that if you have ethic hair that is course or more wiry, stay away from this item.  I have yet to read a review from somebody with that hair type that has had a good experience with it.  Same with people who have curly hair.  Since my hair is only slightly wavy, so far I haven't had any issues.  It can't replace my love of a good wooden paddle brush or a tsuagi boxwood comb, but it's a nice new addition to my hair "stuff" collection. :) 

Oh! Interesting little thing.  I decided that in light of the "trim" *enter horror music", I would use my WEN cleansing conditioner only, because my hairstylist usually washes and conditions my hair and I didn't know how my hair would react to SLS so I wanted to be on the greasier, less clean side in case of excess drying.  I started a week before and was washing with it every other day, or at least that was the plan.  By the time I had washed it twice with the WEN, my scalp was itching SO bad I couldn't take it anymore.  I used a baking soda wash and rinsed with honey and lemon juice and the itching went away immediately. It was really interesting to see how my hair has grown to love and depend on my chagrin soap bars and the baking soda.  It just doesn't like anything else.  So I won't be trying that again any time soon. 

Okay, well that's all for now.  I will talk to you lovely people later! 



No comments:

Post a Comment